Collection: BEST DAB RIGS
What is a dab rig?
In recent years dab rigs have become increasingly popular due to wax’s potency, efficiency and flavor. Since concentrates need to be heated to much higher temperatures than usual, bongs and other traditional pieces just don’t have the filtration power to cool the vapors fast enough. And thus, the dab rig was born.
How does a dab rig work?
Since dab rigs are a type of water pipe, the bubbles cool, concentrate, and diffuse vapors, much like a bong. Most dab rigs are smaller and more intricate than bongs, often having complex shapes with features which allow more water to flow through in order to cool down the wax faster and protects your throat. You can learn more about these features and the different parts of a dab rig below.
How to use a dab rig
- Fix nail to dab rig making sure there is no wobble
- Turn on butane torch and heat nail evenly for 20-30 seconds
- Allow nail to cool for 40-60 seconds
- Cover carb cap and inhale
What is a dab?
A dab is a cannabis concentrate made from extracting the cannabinoids and terpenes for concentrated, fast-acting and powerful hits. It's a different high from smoking flower, given its more immediate high, strong flavor and rich aroma given off by terpenes. Here is a beginner's guide to the seven main types of concentrates:
- Shatter - Think glass. Shatter is brittle like glass and typically golden to amber in color.
- Budder - Think butter. Budder has an oily consistency and typically yellow to orange in color. While it's mainly used in dab rigs, you can also lather up your joint or blunt, just be careful with the dosage.
- Crumble - Think honeycomb. Crumble is similar to budder, but with a texture similar honeycomb and less glossy, more matted in color.
- Sugar - Think brown sugar mixed with a little bit of water, although the consistency and color is not always consistent. Color ranges from bright yellow to dark amber.
- Sauce - Thicker, stickier and more of a mustard yellow, sauce has a more uniform crystallized appearance.
- Crystalline - Crystalline are white crystals in rock or powder form.
- Efficient - Waxes are known for creating a more concentrated and long-lasting experience.
- Better for you - Dabbing vapors do less damage to the body than smoking, since they contain fewer toxic particles like ash and tar.
- Portable, small dab rigs - Dab oil rigs are only a fraction of the size of bongs, making them easy to transport. Check out one of our most portable dab rigs, the The Grappa Dab Rig. This mini dab rig fits easily into your purse or pocket.
- Cool, comfy hits - If you always find yourself coughing up a lung when you smoke, dab oil rigs will prove even more comfortable than bongs, pipes, or rolled cigarettes.
Parts of a dab rig:
- Domeless nail - this is the “bowl” of the dab rig, where waxes are placed. Most of our nails are made of quartz, which produces a crisp, clean taste. Titanium is a cheaper alternative to the quartz nail.
- Bangers are a type of domeless nail shaped like a hammer, with a flat bottom that allows you to heat it more evenly and and a curved neck to help control airflow. Check out our collection of dab rig bangers!
- Thermal bangers have a double-walled chamber which helps you control the temperature of the wax.
- Percolators or percs use small holes to create more bubbles, creating additional filtration while cooling the vapors more quickly. There are dozens of different perc shapes and styles, but the more holes, the more bubbles.
- Downstems which connect the bowl to the rest of the rig, are almost always built-in in a dab rig.
- Chambers are often used to recycle water for added filtration and cooling power.
- Joints are where the domeless nail connects to the downstem. These are often (but not always) at a 90° angle on dab rigs.
- Dab torches - You can choose between a gas or butane dab torch. We highly recommend butane as they burn at the optimal temperature, unlike gas which often gets too hot.
- Carb caps - Carb caps are placed on top of the domeless nail in order to enhance the flavor of your dabs by preserving the terpenes found in concentrates, reducing airflow to your nail, so it doesn't get too hot.
- Dabbers - An essential dab tool, these are commonly made from quartz or titanium and are used to transfer your concentrates to your nail. There are tons of fun, playful and cool designs worth checking out in our $4.20 store!
- E-nail - If you don't feel comfortable using a butane torch or just don't want the hassle, an enail is a great alternative which uses electrical current to heat up your nail.
- Dab rig kit - Dabbing kits are great for beginners or if you just want to simplify your life by getting all the dabbing essentials you need. These normally include a carb cap, dabber, torch and nail, but can vary depending on the kit.
Other features to consider:
- Splash guards are indented rings that prevent water from splashing into your mouth.
- Ash catchers/reclaim catchers are small containers underneath the banger to help keep the rig clean.
Types of dab rigs
Whether you’re looking for an electric dab rig, glass dab rig, silicone dab rig, enail dab rig, recycler dab rig, mini dab rig or portable dab rig it’s important to first understand the system behind the materials and individual components.
- Recycler Dab Rigs - These rely mainly on a recycling system, usually featuring lots of different tubes and chambers, to create more bubbles which cool and filter vapors. This creates a very neat swirling effect when used.
- Percolator Dab Rigs - These rely mainly on percolators with small holes to create bubbles which cool and diffuse vapors. Percs also add an intricate aesthetic to the rig.
- Cylinder Dab Rigs - This refers to the cylindrical body shape of the rig. These often have inset recyclers or percs.
- Nectar collector dab rig - These are a vertical, smaller and portable version of a dab rig with a straw as the mouthpiece. If you're looking for a msmall dab rig, this is your best bet.
Best electric dab rigs for sale 2021
We've curated a list of the best and most unique dab rigs for sale:
- Kandypens OURA - Life is complicated and butane torches can be intimidating, but the Kandypens OURA e-rig keeps dabbing fun and simple. This beautifully designed electric dab rig gets hot in 5 seconds, can change temperature mid-sesh and makes it easier to dab than ever before. Check out our Kandypens Review to get the dirty on this sleek enail dab rig.
- Puffco Peak - The Peak dab rig is very similar to the Kandypens OURA, which is why we’ve created a Portable Dab Rig Buying Guide to help you decide which works best for you. It’s worth noting that this dab rig kit can be charged with a supercharger and with a full charge equalling nearly 30 dabs, you’ll almost never fret about forgetting to charge this baby!
- Grenco Science G Pen Roam Vape - While tabletop erigs are the jam for home, they aren’t convenient for most dabbers daily routines. This portable electric dab rig was made with on-the-go dabbing enthusiasts in mind with its discreet design, sleek aesthetic and most importantly, full flavored filtered hits on the road. If you’re looking for a slightly less expensive option than the OURA and Puffco and portability is key, at just six inches tall, the G Pen Roam is your best bet. Check out our G Pen Roam Review if you’re still sizing up this high tech smart rig.
- FOCUS V CARTA Electric Dab Rig - If you like to change it up and bring a little spice into your life, the Carta best dab rig for wax concentrates and dry herb may be your match made in heaven. With bluetooth capability featuring a dab counter and remote control function you are in full control of your dabbing universe. It also happens to be a slightly more affordable desktop vaporizer than the Kandypens OURA and Puffco. The Focus V Carta Atomizer, Titanium Bucket and Carb Cap are also available in our store if you’re looking to replace these components. See full Focus V CARTA review.
Best cheap dab rigs for sale
- The Grappa Dab Rig is a 6 inch glass mini dab rig that's super lightweight and travel-friendly.
- The Single Honeycomb Straight Tube Dab Rig is a dab rig with a honeycomb percolator that produces even more bubbles than a standard setup and has a splash guard.
How to clean a dab rig
Although there isn't as much buildup as with bongs, since dab oil rigs use convection, reclaim can start to accumulate if you don't clean your baby after dabbing a few times. For each hit to be as flavorful as the last we've created this quick guide:
- Rubbing alcohol
- Plastic bag
- Cotton swabs
- Coarse sea salt
- Torch nail until residue burns off
- Put nail in bag with rubbing alcohol and salt
- Pour old water out of rig
- Put alcohol and salt in rig and shake
- Rinse rig and nail with water
420 dank dab rigs for sale
Maybe this 420 holiday you want to try out dabbing for the first time. Au contraire, perhaps you're already an avid dabber and want a sweet new smart rig to show people who they are dealing with. If you're in the first category, it's not a bad idea to get a quartz banger nail and simply convert your water bong into a dab rig. If you end up loving the intense high from dabs then it's definitely worth investing in a e-rig down the line. Although on the pricier side, electric dab rigs like the Puffco Peak or the Focus V Carta unlock the full flavor profile of concentrates for an amazing high and taste. With enhanced temp control at the click of a button, these rigs make dabbing easier than ever before. You can finally rest assured that you won't burn yourself accidentally with your butane torch and keep that puppy safely tucked away. Make sure to cop a steal on one of these high-end dab rigs during our 420 sale!
What are dab rigs shopping tips?
There are many things to consider when shopping around for a dab rig, like whether you can afford an expensive or cheap dab rig, if you want a dab bong that can handle both flower and wax, etc. Beyond figuring out which style of dab rig suits you best, users that are shopping for dab rigs or a dab bong will want to consider investing in a high-quality piece. This is not to say that a cheap dab rig won’t get the job done, but if you are in a position to get a higher quality piece it will last you a lot longer than a cheap dab rig version of it. A cheap dab rig is definitely a good idea if you are just getting into dabbing and unsure if it is for you, but if you intend to use your dab rig pretty much daily then you should consider that longevity and simple user maintenance are of the utmost importance.
Users will also want to get dab rigs that will fit their specific needs. Whether this means it should be smaller or bigger depending on user preference, or whether it should be a dab bong to make it multifunctional for the owner that likes to dabble in both. A dab rig and a bong (a dab bong) are one of the most versatile smoking accessories and truly a great experience when you have the right accessories and tools to make the easy switch. Feel free to take your time in checking out all of our dab rig products and accessories, you will not be disappointed!
Dab rigs near me
So whether you’ve dabbed before or you’re just getting started, we hope this guide has helped you learn the basics of dabbing, so you can finally choose a cool dab rig for sale like silicone dab rigs, mini rigs, wax rigs, and recycler dab rigs that fits your needs. Feel free to contact us with any questions! In Everythingfor420 you can find different dab rigs - like silicone dab rig, glass dab rig, dab nail, oil rig, wax rig. So you can buy dab rig online at the best price.
Can dab rigs get you higher?
Dab rigs are great for those looking into elevating their smoking experience into something more potent. Dab rigs use concentrates that are heated to a point of vaporization, and then inhaled. Dab rigs tend typically provide much more potent, higher THC content rips than a standard bong or glass pipe.
Are dab rigs good?
If your tolerance to normal bud or marijuana flower is high, you might want to consider buying a dab rig. Dab rigs can provide much more potent rips due to the use of the THC concentrates smoked in the process. Consider buying a dab rig if you want much more THC.
How much cost dab rig?
Dab rigs can range in price depending on the size, shape and brand of the rig. We carry an amazing catalogue of cool glass or silicone dab rigs that will fit every dabber and smokers needs. Check out cheap dab rigs collection for lower cost items, or spend some money on a higher end one!
What’s the perfect temperature for dabbing?
While it purely depends on the user and their preference, the typical range for a perfect dab can be anywhere from 350 degrees Fahrenheit to 650 degrees Fahrenheit. Some dab enthusiasts prefer to dab at low temperatures to avoid burning their wax or wasting any of its contents, and other users prefer to have their dabs at the highest temperatures to get their full potency. The perfect temperature for dabbing truly depends on how the user likes to dab, so taking different dabs at various temperatures when first starting out is the most accurate way to find out which side of the temperature spectrum you fall towards. Dabbing at low temperatures often preserves the flavor of the wax or shatter used, whereas higher temperature dabs will produce a much more potent high since the cannabis content is pretty much going through decarboxylation, the process that is done to cannabis to activate the psychoactive compounds (THC) found in marijuana.
What is the difference between a dab rig and a bong?
A dab rig and a bong might look the same, but serve different types of cannabis users. Bongs are used for smoking dry flower, which is usually grounded into a finely shredded powder and added to a bong bowl. A dab rig uses a banger nail to place wax onto and torch at extremely high temperatures. Dab rigs are only able to accommodate wax into concentrates, and a bong can only be used for dry flower consumption. Beyond the type of attachments, a dab rig or bong uses is what will determine which type of device it is. This is why a dab bong is normally the best idea for those that like to partake in both dry herb and dab sessions, where all users need to do is switch out the attachments and whether they should use a lighter or torch. A dab bong is the ultimate budget-friendly option that can really upgrade your smoking accessory collection.
How often should you clean a dab rig?
All stoners should have a regular cleaning schedule where they care for their smoking accessories on a routine schedule to avoid any unnecessary build-up that can damage the device or be harmful to the user. Dab rigs should be cleaned every three to six months, and if used daily or regularly they should be cleaned out almost monthly. If a user wants to clean it out weekly that is even better, as a dab rig can develop a lot of built-up resin and debris over time if not taken care of. Dab rigs can become a sticky mess or have remnants of wax or shatter that becomes soaked in the bong water which can develop mold. Cleaning a dab rig will ensure that bacteria will not build up in the device nor be inhaled when used, and this will give users peace of mind that their dab rig device is properly cared for.
How much water do you put in a dab rig?
Depending on what type of dab rig you have and which kind of downstem is used, dab rigs should be filled up where halfway or three-quarters of the downstem is covered in water. If there are percolators in the dab rig, each hole should be covered as well so the percolation feature can perform properly. Test out water levels prior to heating up the dab rig by blowing into it - if you feel backsplash from the water in the dab bong, it is best to pour it out. If you feel that there is not enough water, you will know as well especially if there are percolators in the device and it is not functioning correctly. Adding the right amount of water will help the experience to be the best it can be, as too little water will not allow the percolators to function properly and too much water will have splashback upon inhale that will not taste good in the slightest.
Is your shipping discreet?
We always make sure that our smoking accessories and other products are packaged securely and discreetly, because we know what it is like to worry about the packages we ordered. We are here to tell you that there is no need to stress, just place your order and let us handle the rest! We will ensure that the products you want are delivered to your door all wrapped up safely and securely in case the mailman decides to drop your boxes a little too hard. We know this happens all too often so we like to make sure to double up in padding, especially when it comes to a dab bong or even a cheap dab rig. Even if something is cheap in cost, does not mean it is cheap in quality and we handle all orders the same way - with a lot of care. Just ask our returning customers why they love us so much, not just because our products are the best but because our customer service is too.