The team at Pulsar are veteran stoners that have continually pushed the limits of high-end vaporizers with innovative new features and designs. Based out of Asheville, North Carolina, Pulsar started out making discreet dry herb vaporizers and is best known for their acclaimed APX line of vapes, however they also produce premium electric dab rigs, pipes, and many other luxury smoking products. The Pulsar Rok is a modern, dual-use portable dab rig that is a hybrid between a water bong and an e-rig.
Pulsar Rok review
The Pulsar Rok is compatible with both dry herb and cannabis concentrates for the ultimate smoking experience for those who love it all. What stands out most is the amazing use of water, which is rare in an electric dab rig that is less than seven inches tall. Hits and dabs will be light and airy on the throat thanks to the disc percolator that sits in the water chamber filtering out contaminants and aerating the vapor before it reaches your lips. Another great aspect about the portable dab rig is the numerous Pulsar Rok accessories and replacement parts available that will extend the life of your device. Pulsar Rok accessories include different downstem attachments to change your percolator type, a removable silicone skin to protect your device, replacement atomizers, carb caps, and even airpath tube replacements.
- Dual-use for wax or flower
- 7 inches tall
- Isolated air path
- Metal, tapered mouthpiece
- Fully charged in 2 hours
- 3 voltage and temperature settings
- 680°F to 850°F
- 5 to 15 seconds to preheat
- Stable beaker base
- Quartz and ceramic atomizers
- 30 second “Rok mode”
- Durable metal and glass design
- Disc percolator with water filtration
- 1 year limited warranty
Setting up your Pulsar Rok
Like any electronic device, be sure that your e-rig is fully charged. This should take just about two hours and you’ll see the red light turn to green when charging is complete. Add water in the base roughly half-way full or until the percolator is covered. Insert the disk percolator downstem into the silicone housing in the top. Attach the electronic Rok top to the glass beaker base and power up the e-rig with five presses of the button. Choose from one of three temperature settings by hitting the button three times.
Pulsar Rok temperature and heating
The Pulsar Rok has three preset temperature settings that make dabbing easy. Green is the lowest setting, which will reach a maximum of 680°F (3.4v), blue is the medium temperature which will not exceed 780°F (3.6v), and red is the highest temperature that maxes out at 850°F (3.8v). The setting you choose depends on the concentrate type and your smoking preferences. For dry herb, the lowest setting will have vapor production like a vaporizer and the hottest setting is more similar to taking a hit from a water bong. There are two main modes used when taking a hit: Rok Out or Rok Mode.
- Rok Out - This mode allows the smoker to control the power and vapor quantity manually by pressing and holding the button or pulsing the button for various effects. After 30 seconds of continuous holding, the Rok Out function will time out. This is the best way to personalize your experience, but it will take some time to figure out how to achieve your preferred vapor production.
- Rok Mode - For a truly automatic, hands off experience, use the Rok Mode. This mode is perfect when passing and sharing your electric dab rig with others. Press the button twice and the e-rig will heat up and remain at the preselected temperature setting for 30 seconds at a time. Rok Mode is only activated if the carb cap is on and one of the three temperatures have been set. To quit from this mode, just press the button twice.
How do you hit a Pulsar Rok?
For cannabis extracts, add your concentrate to the bottom of the quartz banger, attach the carb cap, and hold down the button to preheat. Simply press and hold or pulse the button to take a hit and control the density of the vapor. To dab hands free, hit the button twice to start Rok Mode, which will keep the selected temperature for 30 seconds at a time. To smoke dry herb, wait until your device is cool and swap out the quartz atomizer for the ceramic cup. Use an herb grinder for a fine grind and pack the ceramic cup. Tamp lightly and put on the dry herb carb cap. The same button controls work when smoking flower and pulsing the button will stoke the cherry.
Pulsar Rok for sale
Ready to pull the trigger and purchase a Pulsar Rok electric dab rig? Visit our online smoke shop for the Pulsar Rok Alchemist complete kit that includes all the attachments and will have you ready to take dabs or hits as soon as you open up the box. The kit includes a sleek gold and black Pulsar Rok Alchemist e-rig, herb carb cap, wax carb cap, quartz V2 atomizer cup, ceramic atomizer cup, 2 silicone atomizer collars, tether, and a matching gold USB charging cable.