Can you make CBD edibles at home?
Of course! Some people choose to make their own CBD cannabutter from high-CBD, low-THC dry herb, but those who don’t feel confident in their DIY skills can use store bought CBD oil. A few drops of CBD oil can be quickly added to both sweet or savory recipes to elevate your dish. Anything from salad dressing and pasta sauce to cake batter or a tropical cocktail become even more special with a dose of CBD. For CBD edible recipes, choose a potent, high quality CBD oil with no added flavorings such as the Hemplucid Organic Broad Spectrum CBD Oil.
Easy CBD edible recipes
CBD drinks are particularly simple to make since all you have to do is add a drop or two of CBD oil into your cup. This is a great way to add cannabis to your gathering or event since people can choose whether they’d like CBD or not, unlike your typical CBD edible recipe where the ingredient is cooked into the dish.
CBD sparkling water
- 1.5 quarts of unflavored sparkling water
- Half a cucumber
- 1 lemon
- 5 mint leaves
- 100 mg of CBD oil (or more depending on preference)
CBD sparkling water recipe
- Slice the cucumber and lemon. Be sure to remove all lemon seeds.
- Fill a large pitcher with ice and add the sparkling water, CBD oil, cucumber, and lemon. Crush up the mint leaves in your hand to release the essential oil before adding it into the pitcher.
Strawberry CBD margarita
- ½ lb fresh strawberries with stems removed
- ½ cup tequila or mezcal
- 5 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 ½ tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp triple sec
- 50 mg of CBD oil (or more depending on dose)
- Optional: margarita salt or sugar, lime wedges
Strawberry CBD margarita recipe
- In a blender, add strawberries, alcohol, lime juice, CBD oil, and honey. Pulse on low until blended smooth.
- After a few minutes, remove the foam at the top of the mixture. Give your margarita a taste and adjust the alcohol or sweetness level.
- Serve in a salt or sugar rimmed glass and enjoy!
CBD savory dishes
Savory dishes are often overlooked when people think about weed edibles, but main dishes can be just as fun to make and eat. It’s also a great way to get your daily dose of CBD in a new way. Experiment with one of these savory CBD edible recipes:
CBD salad dressing
- 30-50mg CBD (depending on dose)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
CBD salad dressing recipe
- Mix together all ingredients except for the olive oil in a small bowl. Slowly add in the olive oil little by little as you whisk.
- Taste the mixture and adjust the acid, oil, or salt level as needed. Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator and use over salads.
CBD mac and cheese
- 160 mg of CBD (depending on dose)
- 1 lb elbow pasta or fusilli
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- ½ cup flour
- 1 ½ cups whole milk
- 2 ½ cups half and half
- 4 cups cheddar cheese
- 2 cups Gruyere cheese
- ¼ tsp paprika
- Salt, pepper, Italian seasoning (to taste)
- Optional add ins: chicken breast, shrimp, lobster, bacon, mushrooms, broccoli
CBD mac and cheese recipe
- Grease a baking dish and preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Cook pasta in boiling water for one minute less than the directions on the package. Drain and set aside.
- As the pasta is cooking, grate the cheeses and mix together in a large bowl. Set aside.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter and slowly incorporate the flour while whisking to create a roux. While whisking, add in the milk and half and half. Continue whisking the mixture until it thickens.
- Turn off the stove and remove the mixture from the heat. Add in spices and 3 cups of the cheese mixture. Mix until the cheese has melted completely. Next add the pasta and CBD oil. Mix until well coated.
- Pour half the pasta into the baking dish and top with the leftover cheese. Pour the rest of the pasta in the dish and cover with the remaining cheese mixture.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until the cheese on top is bubbly and browned.
One of the most popular CBD deserts are CBD gummies. Most people don’t attempt making CBD gummies at home since it seems time consuming and the sweet is available at most shops, but this CBD gummies recipe uses jello, which makes the entire process very quick.
Easy CBD gummies with jello
- 1 package of jello
- 1 package of unflavored gelatin
- 300 mg of CBD oil (roughly 10 mg per gummy)
CBD gummies with jello recipe
- Prepare the jello and gelatin according to the package by boiling water and adding the mixes.
- On low heat add in the CBD oil and mix until everything is incorporated and you have the desired consistency.
- Pour into gummy molds or a baking pan and allow them to set before removing or cutting.
Now that you have a few easy CBD edible recipes in your repertoire, it’s time to get cooking! Visit our online smoke shop for some of the best CBD oils, capsules, CBD salves, creams, lotions, roll-on gels, tinctures, CBD pre-rolls, and more!