CBD gummies benefits
People from all walks of life consume CBD on a regular basis to help manage and treat a wide range of heath issues. CBD is a natural anti-inflammatory and antifungal, which makes it great for treating skin conditions and all types of pain such as arthritis, back pain, muscle aches, and chronic pain. The cannabinoid is also used to manage epilepsy, seizures, stress, anxiety, depression, PTSD, insomnia, and side effects from cancer treatment such as nausea. Many patients who don’t want to count drops or smoke favor CBD gummies since they are predosed and discreet. They just look like normal gummies and no one will know the difference!
How long does it take for CBD gummies to get you high?
Sorry to break it to you, but cannabidiol (CBD) by itself will not get you high. This is why it’s preferred by working professionals, parents, and other adults who need to keep a clear mind. CBD is a non-psychoactive compound that is found naturally in the cannabis plant. The cannabinoid that causes the effect of feeling high is THC. If you use high CBD, low THC flower or full-spectrum CBD oil that has some THC in it to make your CBD gummies, you will feel a little bit of an effect. CBD alone is often used for medical purposes and you will simply feel a sense of calm, relaxation, and an alleviation of stress. You will remain clear headed and will not have the sensation of getting high. If you intended to get blazed, lucky for you, this DIY CBD gummies recipe can be made with any kind of dry herb, cannabutter, or cannaoil you have on hand. Whether you decide to make THC or CBD gummies, both will take effect roughly 45 minutes to one hour after consuming.
DIY CBD gummies recipe
There are two ways you can make CBD gummies at home, either using high CBD flower or with CBD oil. The CBD oil method is a lot easier and quicker since you will not need to do the decarboxylation process needed for dry herb. If using CBD oil, choose a high-quality CBD oil with at least 1,000 mg potency like the Hemplucid Organic Full Spectrum CBD Oil, which contains all cannabinoids and terpenes for the entourage effect. The following DIY CBD gummies recipe is easy to make, even for those who don’t have experience cooking with cannabis. You can get as creative as you want and experiment with different fruit juices or mixing them together. Just be sure to use clear juice that doesn’t contain any pulp so your gummies set properly and refrain from using orange or pineapple juice.
- 200 mg of CBD or melted cannabutter if using dry herb
- 1 cup of 100% fruit juice (grape, pomegranate, apple, cranberry, etc.)
- 2 tbsp of unflavored gelatin
- Sweetener to taste (honey, agave, etc.)
- Gummy mold or mini cookie cutters (optional)
*Note that you will need to calculate 200 mg of CBD oil based on the potency and quantity of your bottle.
CBD gummies recipe
- Using a medium-sized pot or saucepan, bring the fruit juice to a low simmer and remove from heat.
- Add the unflavored gelatin and your sweetener of choice. Whisk until everything is incorporated and the gelatin dissolves. Lastly, add in the CBD, whether that’s CBD oil or homemade cannabutter and combine.
- Pour the mixture into a gummy mold or directly onto a parchment-lined baking sheet. Let the CBD gummies set in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before using cookie cutters, cutting them into squares with a knife, or removing from the gummy molds.
- Feel free to shake your finished CBD gummies in a bowl of sugar for an extra touch of sweetness. These weed edibles are best eaten immediately, but you can also store them in an airtight container for up to 10 days.
If making homemade CBD edibles isn’t your thing, we got you covered. Check out the CBD store on our online smoke shop for CBD oil, tinctures, CBD lotion, creams, roll-ons, salves, CBD pre-rolls, CBD vape juice, CBD vape pens, high CBD dry herb, and more!