How to make edibles for beginners
The foundation of any edible recipe is an infused fat. Some of the most common are cannabutter and cannaoil, but it is also possible to infuse sugar, honey, and even milk depending on the recipe. The best tip is to make these infusions in large batches since items like butter and oil last for such a long time and can be used over and over again in many different edible recipes. The easiest cannabutter recipes call for an Instant Pot or a Magical Butter Machine, but your normal stovetop method works too.
Best edible recipes with no cooking required
Elevated energy bars
These no bake energy bars can be made ahead of time for a protein-filled breakfast or hearty snack. This edible recipe can be made using either cannahoney or cannabutter.
- 1 cup of chopped nuts (almonds, macadamia, and peanuts work great)
- 1 ½ cups rolled oats
- ½ cup cannahoney or regular honey
- 1 cup creamy nut butter (anything works)
- 2 tbsp cannaoil or plain coconut oil
- Shredded coconut
- Optional mix-ins: chocolate chips, chopped candy bar, dried fruit, raisins, chia seeds, etc.
- Combine the nuts, oats, shredded coconut, and any other toppings into a large bowl. Set aside.
- Put the cannahoney, nut butter, and cannaoil in a small bowl and microwave until everything just begins to melt. Pour over the dry mixture and start to incorporate all ingredients.
- Once combined, press into a baking pan lined with parchment paper or roll the mixture into bite sized balls. Cover and chill in the fridge for a few hours before cutting.
“Baked” banana cream golden Oreo dessert
Get ready to impress with this indulgent edible dessert recipe that everyone will be asking you to make over and over again. The dish uses golden Oreos and cannabutter as a crust over layers of bananas, pudding, and a whipped topping. The best part is that this weed edible is ready to eat in under 45 minutes!
- 1 box of instant banana or vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups milk
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 1 pack of golden Oreos
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- ¼ cup cannabutter
- 4-5 large bananas
- 1 package of cream cheese
- 8 oz Cool Whip
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- Create the pudding by combining the instant banana pudding mix with the milk and cinnamon. Whist together for a few minutes and place in the fridge.
- Use a food processor or a rolling pin to crush the cookies to make the crust. Combine half of the crushed Oreo cookies and the white chocolate chip. Mix in the melted cannabutter and press into a baking pan.
- Make the cream cheese topping by combining half of the Cool Whip, cream cheese, and powdered sugar. Mix well.
- Assemble your desert by slicing bananas and placing them in a layer over the cookie crust. Next, spread the cream cheese mixture over the banana layer and top with the remaining Oreos. Pour on the pudding and top with the remaining bananas and Cool Whip.
- Keep refrigerated until you’re ready to get baked!
Infused Salad Dressing
If you want to try a healthy weed edible for a change, nothing elevates a salad like a homemade salad dressing. This simple vinaigrette calls for cannaoil and vinegar as the base, but be as creative as you want with additional ingredients. In a bowl, whisk together 2 tbsp of red wine vinegar, 2 tbsp of dijon mustard, a pinch of salt, and pepper. Gradually incorporate ⅓ cup of infused olive oil. Top with other ingredients of your choosing like finely chopped shallots, fresh herbs, garlic, or lemon juice. Not only can this weed edible salad dressing be used the traditional way, it also makes a great marinade! If properly covered in an airtight container, this dressing can last a few weeks in the fridge.
Hailing from the Andalusia region in the south of Spain, this cold soup is the perfect way to cool off on a hot summer day. This non-sweet edible recipe requires no cooking, but you will need cannabis infused olive oil and a blender or food processor.
- 2 lbs of ripe vine tomatoes or roma tomatoes (cored)
- 1 cucumber
- 1 green bell pepper
- ½ an onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1-2 slices of leftover white bread
- 4 tbsp cannaoil (infused olive oil)
- 2 tbsp sherry vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- Optional toppings: croutons, diced hard boiled eggs, chopped ham, bacon bits, fresh herbs, diced tomatoes, diced onions.
- Begin by chopping up all of the veggies and peeling the garlic. Be sure to core the tomatoes and peel and seed the cucumber. Add all the vegetables into the blender or food processor and pulse on low.
- Remove the crusts of the white bread. Wet the bread with water and squeeze out the excess before adding it into the blender. Bread is the key to making the soup thick and allows the soup to have the iconic gazpacho texture.
- Incorporate the cannaoil, vinegar, and a pinch each of cumin, salt, and pepper. Blend everything together.
- Pour into an airtight container and cool in the refrigerator until cold.
- Top with another splash of cannaoil and your favorite garnishes. Don’t forget to serve it with toasted bread or crackers.
Do you normally take a few tokes while you’re cooking? Stock up on rolling papers, herb grinders, and blunt wraps or pick out a new portable dab rig, dry herb vaporizer, or water bong to get in the right mindset.