Munchies: Best 420 Pizza Ideas When High
Everyone loves a pizza party, especially after a few bong rips. Pizza is one of the best munchie snacks when high and will sustain you through even the craziest of smoke sessions. While most stoners reach for quick frozen options like Bagel Bites, Hot Pockets, Totino’s Pizza Rolls, or frozen pizzas when they’re baked (we can’t blame you), why not turn this classic munchie food into an edible for a different kind of high? Instead of smoking, try eating your pot with this simple 420 pizza recipe that is elevated with cannabis-infused olive oil. Once you create a large batch of cannaoil, it’s simple to turn all of your favorite dishes into a weed edible, even your beloved Hot Pockets.
Cannabis olive oil recipe
Cannabis cooking oil (cannaoil) is one of the most versatile ingredients since nearly all recipes call for at least some sort of oil. You can prepare a large batch of cannaoil ahead of time using any type of cooking oil such as canola, coconut oil, or olive oil like we’ll be using in this 420 pizza recipe. If kept in an airtight container away from heat, your cannabis oil can last a very long time. When you’re ready to enhance a dish, simply drizzle on or cook the dish with your premade cannaoil.
Ingredients and equipment:
- ½ ounce of cannabis flower
- 1 cup of extra-virgin olive oil
- Crockpot, double boiler, saucepan, or an automatic decarboxylation machine
- Baking pan
- Strainer or cheesecloth
- Glass jar with a lid for storage
- Thermometer (optional but recommended)
Note: Be sure to know the potency of your cannabis flower and dose accordingly. You may want to add more or less cannabis flower depending on its THC level and your preference. You can always combine your cannabis-infused oil with normal oil when cooking to quickly reduce the potency.
- Break apart or coarsely grind the dry herb. Any material that is too fine will pass through the strainer and become part of the final product.
- Combine the cannabis and olive oil in the saucepan or double boiler. Continuously mix the oil on low heat to prevent burning. The mixture should never go above 245°F. Note that making cannaoil in a crockpot requires a hot water bath method and the mixture must be sealed in mason jars.
- Crockpots should be set to low for 5 to 6 hours. If using the double boiler method, you can add a little water to prevent burning and heat on low for roughly 7 to 8 hours, stirring occasionally. Cooking the cannabis oil in a saucepan requires at least 3 hours of continuous stirring since it can burn extremely easily. An automatic mixer comes in handy for this if you have one.
- Once your cannabis is fully decarboxylated, strain the oil into an airtight glass jar and enjoy!
Homemade 420 pizza
Now that you’ve perfected your cannabis-infused olive oil, it’s time to make a 420 pizza! This recipe is a quick version that does not require preparing fresh dough from scratch, but if you have the time to do so, by all means give it a go. Fresh pizza dough is always tastier than its premade counterpart.
420 pizza ingredients:
- Pizza dough (fresh ready-to-bake pizza dough or a pizza crust in a tube)
- Tomato sauce
- Fresh basil
- Mozzarella cheese (fresh or shredded)
- Cannabis-infused olive oil
- Pizza topping ideas: mushrooms, spinach, peperoni, feta, ricotta, anchovies, tuna, cherry tomatoes, sausage, olives, bell peppers, chicken breast, caramelized onions.
420 pizza recipe:
- Preheat the oven according to the directions on the pizza dough package. This is typically around 375°F.
- On a piece of parchment paper, roll out your pizza dough to form the crust and transfer to a baking sheet.
- Drizzle approximately 2 tablespoons of cannaoil evenly onto the dough and cover with tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese, and fresh basil leaves.
- Get creative with your toppings but don’t pile it on too high or the dough won’t cook evenly.
- Follow baking instructions on the dough package (roughly 10 to 14 minutes). For a crispy crust, brush the edges with more cannaoil and transfer the pizza from the baking sheet directly to the oven rack for the last 3 to 4 minutes of cooking to crisp the bottom.
Note: If you need a more potent pizza, drizzle on a third tablespoon of cannaoil over the pizza before serving. Be sure to calculate the potency of your infused oil per tablespoon so you don’t accidentally over do it. One bite of pizza shouldn’t be a full dose!
If you’d like to also smoke your dry herb, pick up some new glassware for your pizza party at our online headshop. We’ve got some of the best vape mods, water bongs, smoking pipes, bubblers, rolling papers, herb grinders, dab rigs, dab tools, and more at budget-friendly prices.