Does Mango Enhance Your High?
In the cannabis community, you basically hear the most outrageous claims yet it is through trial and error to figure out what is true and what is a myth. Some common claims you might hear involve whether the munchies are a real thing, if it is possible to overdose on marijuana, if bong water can get you high and so on. And FYI, bong water WILL NOT get you high but will get you sick. That is not what we are here to talk about, we will be diving into further asks the infamous question: does mango enhance your high? Learn more about how mango and weed interact with one another and whether it can enhance your experience with marijuana.
Mango and Mary Jane
What does mango and Mary Jane have in common other than making stoners happy? Both mangos and cannabis have a terpene called myrcene, which can often produce that “couch lock” effect. Myrcene is one of the more common terpenes found in cannabis along with other natural ingredients like lemongrass, basil, and MANGO!
It is important to note that myrcene terpenes will not get you high on its own, but works as part of the entourage effect, where the terpene will work in conjunction with other cannabinoids to produce that “high” feeling.
Strains that are high with myrcene will definitely be more relaxing and cause heavier sedation. So what does this mean when introducing mangos to the smoke sesh? The myrcene in mangoes will definitely amplify a weed experience and result in a more powerful and relaxing state.
Effects of mango and weed
So what is all the hype with consuming mangoes and getting high? For starters, mango is delicious on its own as a sober treat! So adding that into your cannabis routine, especially on a warm and sunny day just delivers great vibes all around. Mango does contribute in suppressing anxiety and depression, and also counts as a munchies meal if you need it!
Users can expect to feel more of an uplifting high, often referred to as a “heavenly high” since it produces positive effects. When adding mango to your cannabis routine, almost all stoners, even those with high tolerance levels, report that they experience stronger and longer marijuana highs.
Health benefits of mangoes and myrcene
Mangoes are not only a wonderfully delicious fruit, there are actual health benefits behind myrcene consumption!
- Mangoes are highly rich in nutrients, containing essential vitamins, fiber, potassium, magnesium, the list goes on!
- Mangoes contain antioxidants, or polyphenols that act as antioxidants. Since mangoes are protective of body cells, this fruit can help with damaging effects of illnesses.
- Mangoes have fiber and enzymes to help break down protein content, which contributes to digestion and helps with stomach pains!
- Mangoes promote clear skin, from skin conditions to occasional breakouts. Need we say more?
Where else do you get myrcene?
Myrcene is used in everyday cosmetics and fragrances due to its peppery or spicy taste! Foodwise, many asian cuisines like to get their myrcene fix through ingredients like lemongrass that naturally tranquilize and calm the mind and body.
How to consume mango to lengthen a weed high
Is it as easy as popping a few pieces of mango into your mouth while you smoke or is there a specific way to incorporate mango into your weed routine? Here are a few quick tips on how to help mango enhance your high.
- Consume mango about 45 minutes prior to smoking weed so that myrcene terpenes can interact with your body and initiate the entourage effect.
- If you have a high tolerance for weed, consume a little more mango than normal and that “heavenly high” will happen real quick!
- If you want to be extremely high, do it earlier in the day with not much in your stomach. Many like to pair a mango smoothie with a joint and that alone should have you feeling altered in the best way!
Does mango really get you high?
In short, yes it does! But there are factors that can help or hurt your abilities to get even higher by eating mango. Mangoes are a delicious snack or ingredient to add to your meals, and when paired with cannabis it can truly enhance your experience in having that “heavenly high” everyone talks about. Mangoes can enhance your high, however there are many times each stoner must test what is tried and true for them. Every person reacts to cannabis differently, and using mangoes to enhance a high is no different. See what works best for you, try different doses at various parts of the day and go from there. And remember, if you’re needing new supplies make sure to snag a few cool weed pipes for your next heavenly high session!