Benefits of smoking weed from a bong
- More comfortable hits - The power of water is utilized to its fullest for smoother smoke and less harsh bong rips that won’t burn your throat or force you to cough. Bongs use water filtration, so each inhale is free of larger particles like ash and tar, aerated, and chilled to a comfortable temperature since the smoke passes through the bong water prior to reaching your mouth. The magic of smoking cannabis with a water pipe is compounded thanks to features like recyclers, percolators, and ice catchers, the latter of which allows tokers to add ice cubes, further chilling the milky plumes.
- You’ll get higher - One of the most sought after benefits of smoking weed from a bong is that you’ll probably get higher than other methods of smoking. It may sound strange since how blazed you get should be determined by the potency of the cannabis strain, but it’s true and is the main highlight of smoking marijuana with a bong. This is because cooled and filtered smoke from a bong is less harsh on the lungs, allowing stoners to inhale deeply, taking more massive hits that don’t compare to a joint or pipe. If you’re a newbie to the world of cannabis, inhale slowly and start out easy when taking your first bong rip.
- Bongs hit different - Any cannabis connoisseur will tell you there is a big difference between a bong rip and cannabis smoke from a pipe or joint. There’s really no comparison. Water pipes produce large, silky smooth plumes that are fresh and flavorful for an unbeatable smoking experience.
- Cleaner hits - If you’ve ever owned a pipe or dry herb vaporizer, you know how quickly the gunk builds up and the way it affects the flavor of the smoke. Water filtration doesn’t just produce smooth smoke, it also keeps the bong cleaner by capturing it in the water. Most smokers agree that glass bongs are the best since they’re fairly easy to clean and burn clean without adding any additional taste to the smoke.
- It’s a classic stoner aesthetic - A marijuana lover smoking from a bong is like an Italian eating pasta, it’s just a given. Bongs have an iconic look, whether it’s classic beaker bongs, mini bongs for passing around a group of friends, or lightweight plastic bongs. They come in all shapes and sizes, but every once in a while you’ll come across a beautiful one-of-a-kind heady glass bong that makes you take a second glance. These types of bongs are true works of collectable art that cannabis smokers cherish, so don’t take it lightly when a buddy allows you to smoke from one.
Best bongs and accessories to try
If you smoke cannabis, you’ll definitely want to add at least one of these bongs to your shopping cart. Here’s our shortlist of the best bongs of 2023 thus far, plus a few accessories you won’t be able to live without:
- Extraterrestrial Bong - For a unique and cool look that also produces silky smooth smoke, the 13-inch Extraterrestrial Bong is fitted with all the bells and whistles you’d ever want. The percolator bong can also be used as a dab rig and has four splash guards, a coil recycler, dual honeycomb percs, and a UFO perc! Choose from transparent black, green, blue, or purple heat-safe glass.
- Spouted Flower Bong - You’ll only want to smoke your favorite marijuana strain in the special Spouted Flower Bong, designed by the artists at Noble Glass. This one-of-a-kind bong was made from custom colored glass and features a detailed flower molded free hand by the glassblower. The stable base ensures it won’t tip over accidentally, but we have a feeling you won’t want to share this beauty.
- Strio Bake & Sip Secret Bong - Do you like to smoke cannabis but also want to be discreet? Take flavorful bong rips whereever you are with the Strio Bake & Sip Secret Bong that looks just like a regular water bottle! Perfect for concerts, beach days, lunch break tokes, and any time you have the urge, but don’t want to draw attention, this genius design is here to save the day. The bong has a cylindrical tube in the center that acts as the downstem. Just fill with clean water like normal and “sip” through the lid like you’re drinking.
- Glowing Globe Bong - With a design that’s out of this world, even those who don’t typically use a bong will be starstruck by the beauty of the Glowing Globe Bong. You’ve never smoked out of a bong like this. At 7.5 inches tall, this borosilicate glass bong features transparent green and colorless glass with a globe that glows in the dark! It also features a mini matrix percolator and matching cone-shaped bowl with a pull tab.
- Squeaky Silicone Beaker Bong - If you smoke cannabis while on the go, you need to get yourself a Squeaky Silicone Beaker Bong. This isn’t like other plastic bongs since it’s made from nearly unbreakable food-grade and heat-resistant silicone that can take a beating. The lightweight design makes it easy to toss into a backpack for on the go toking and is simple to clean.
- The Rondeau Bong - Ready to challenge yourself and soar to new highs? The gigantic 36-inch Rondeau Bong will test your limits. This straight shooter bong is fitted with 15 honeycomb percs for extra bubbling action and a built-in ice catcher to cool things down. If you don’t typically smoke from a bong, this big boy may not be for you.
Best bong accessories
- Debowler Ashtray - Once you get a Debowler Ashtray, you’ll never want to go without one. Perfect for debowling pipes and bongs or used to tamp joints, this special ashtray has a pointy stick in the center to remove ash from a bowl with ease.
Is smoking from a bong healthier?
Any time plant material is burned (smoking cannabis, smoking tobacco, etc.) it produces carcinogens and other potentially harmful byproducts and particulate matter that are then inhaled into the lungs and can lead to adverse health effects. Several scientific studies have been conducted regarding vaping vs smoking. One study suggests that vaping is a safer and more effective way to smoke since the technology uses conduction or convection heating instead of traditional combustion (burning). If you have issues with your lungs or want to skip inhaling altogether for health reasons, the best way to consume THC is via edibles, capsules, tinctures, oils, or patches, especially for medical cannabis patients.
Side effects of smoking weed from a bong
Our lungs are made for inhaling clean air, not smoke, and there is a laundry list of adverse health effects associated with smoking that I’m sure you know and we won’t get into here. As mentioned earlier, there are other non-smokable ways to consume marijuana that are better for your lungs and overall health. One of the most frequent side effects of smoking weed from a bong (just check Reddit for proof) is getting lightheaded, fainting, or blacking out. This is super common and happens when new smokers that have not built up a tolerance take massive hits. It can also happen to seasoned smokers who also consumed alcohol or haven’t eaten, those with low blood sugar or low blood pressure, and especially when dabbing or partaking in an extra potent strain. Err on the safe side by always partaking on a full stomach and sitting down when taking big bong rips and dabs. It’s also possible to catch diseases when sharing bongs, pipes, and joints with others, so keep that in mind. Using very dirty bongs can cause respiratory problems too such as pneumonia and strep throat, so clean those babies regularly!
Call up your friends, grab a lighter, and hit the checkout button on a new piece! Our virtual shelves are stocked with some of the best bongs and smoking accessories around like hemp wick, cannabis herb grinders, character bowls, bowl screens, bong cleaning supplies, and more. Once you place an order, our quick and discreet shipping will have your bong at your doorstep in no time.