Cannabis-friendly road trip tips
If you live in the continental U.S. you will have an advantage to road trip across the country, taking in the beautiful landscapes of North America in the comfort of your vehicle. We are not recommending that you take your favorite weed strain across borders, but we will advise you to do your research and map a route where cannabis is legal to carry. Cannabis tourism does not have to involve you taking flights and leaving the country - there is so much fun to dive into if you can jump in your car and just drive! What we do recommend, are a few tips that will help your road trip go smoothly and all you need to focus on is not forgetting anything at home.
Cannabis tip #1: make a list and check it twice
As a stoner, it is common practice to forget pretty much everything, so the best thing to do is make a list prior to leaving the house for any trip. If you are going on a road trip, you will have more freedom to pack whatever you please so use this time wisely! A few ideas for what you should pack on a cannabis-friendly road trip:
- Smell proof bag. A smell proof weed bag is one of the best inventions since weed pens because it really is a considerate gesture when wanting to keep your stash discreet, out of sight, and out of smell. Try out the StashLogix Bamboo SmartJar that does all the hard work for you! Just throw your weed in the smell-proof jar and it will not only contain the strong smell of marijuana, it will also keep it at the perfect humidity with its handy humidity sensor. There are many smell proof bags and cannabis storage jars that you can take on a travel trip with you, and it is best to look through them all so you can see which fits your needs.
- Rolling papers and other cannabis accessories. The last thing you want is to be driving miles away from everything and not have your rolling papers and accessories. That would be like rolling a joint and not having a lighter to start the smoke session. Pretty tragic, actually. Don’t be that person and make sure you have enough rolling papers and cannabis accessories to last you throughout your trip, meaning pack extra because you will probably be smoking more than you anticipate.
- Stoner kits. The best travel-friendly cannabis essentials come in the form of stoner kits, so you can either buy the best stoner kits online at our headshop or you can make one for yourself! A customized stoner kit typically includes everything we have listed in this article, but feel free to add whatever else you know you will use during a smoke session.
- Perfume, gum, eye drops. Just because you are a cannabis-friendly traveler, does not mean you are surrounded by like-minded stoners too. The considerate move is to always have on deck some perfume, gum, and eye drops that will freshen up your stoner self in a pinch. It is not the best idea to be walking around an unknown town with red eyes and reeking like ganja, but with a few items you can pack in your toiletries, you can always stay ready.
- Snacks!A road trip or taking any trip, in general, requires snacks on snacks on snacks! Especially as a stoner, you must take care of your munchies when they hit, and no better way than to stay prepared with your favorite foods.
Cannabis tip #2: Learn about marijuana laws and regulations
Just because your hometown is okay with toking up and smoking weed, does not mean that every town you pass through on a trip is the same way. Typically, you are not allowed to take cannabis materials from one state to another, so be aware that it is best to purchase your favorite strains when you are already in the state where you are vacationing. For instance, if you are in California and decide to drive to Las Vegas, Nevada - it is best to purchase your goodies at a dispensary in Nevada to avoid any kind of trouble. While we are not a legal team and do not give out any kind of legal advice, we do give stoner tips and we advise you to look up the laws and regulations surrounding recreational marijuana use wherever you go. We want you to have fun and enjoy your stoner selves but also do it within legal limits and know the environment you are in prior to doing it.
Cannabis tip #3: Don’t overdo it!
Even though you are on vacation and traveling around, that does not mean you should go overboard and buy as much cannabis as you possibly can. Remember, you are on vacation so you must consume everything before you leave. The best way to go about this is, to be honest with yourself about the amount of weed you plan to consume and go from there. You do not want to be buying so much that you are unable to finish it and have to dump it before leaving, because who wants to waste precious material like that?
The best travel-friendly cannabis accessories online
Now that you have a few tips and tricks under your belt to best prepare for a cannabis-friendly travel experience, we won’t leave you hanging when it comes to recommendations on what you should actually purchase to make your traveling life easier. There are just some things you cannot grab at your local dispensary, so make sure to place an order prior to your travel plans so you can live your best life!
EF420 Insta Roll
Just looking at the EF420 Insta Roll will have you feeling more put together as a traveling stoner, it makes you want to get your entire life in order - after rolling some joints, of course. This 2-in-1 rolling machine and grinder will be the ultimate travel-friendly bestie that you never have to doubt if they are down to take a trip with you. The EF420 Insta Roll is a high-quality setup that does not take up a lot of space, all you have to do is keep it in your stoner kit or stoner bag for when the time is right.
Metal Hand Pipe
The Metal Hand Pipe is one of the most underrated travel-friendly cannabis accessories around! Choose from either the six-inch or the 2.5-inch pipe to fit your needs, all you need is a lighter and your favorite cannabis strain. When traveling with accessories like this, make sure you clean them out completely and disinfect them before packing them with you, it is not only good hygiene but if you are flying it is necessary to take off any leftover residue.
Travel-friendly cannabis essentials
We hope these simple tips have helped you fill up your stoner bag for the next trip you take, it is essential that you plan and pack prior to heading out to your destination because a prepared stoner will never be caught slipping. Remember to pack extra lighters as well, you can never have enough!